2010 Vendor Spotlight: Dulcie Miller

We've known Dulcie and her beautiful ceramic work since our very first show in 2007. We all instantly fell in love with her sweet and elegant tumblers and bowls. We've watched her style grow and change with each event and this year is no exception. We can't wait to see what she has in store for all of us this year!


Where are you and your studio located?
My studio and I are located in Utica, NY in a renovated building that was once a Grainery in the late 1800s.



What do you find influences you the most?
My current influences would be mostly animals both wild and domestic. I have always been fascinated with the natural world and that plays a part in my pottery as well. I also have a thing for anything antique and sometimes that shows through my work as well.



How did you get your start working in ceramics
?
I had always taken ceramic courses in highschool but never thought of it becoming a career. I started at Wells College as an Art History major and took a clay course there. I was hooked! My neighbor growing up was a ceramics professor at Hamilton College and suggested I transfer to RIT to pursue ceramics. I did just that and have been working in clay ever since.



What do you love most about clay?
Clay is so versatile! You can make it look like anything. I love working with a material that I can really manipulate and touch. I also love making things that are functional that the user can create a relationship with.



You can find Dulcie's work in her shop and her beautiful new website.

No comments: