a visit with: Cris Sasso of Luna Bella



Over the next few months leading up to our November market, Tuesday through Thursday we'll be showcasing one of our 2012 market artists, their work, and a little peek at where they make the magic happen. We hope you'll enjoy this new series, where we'll ask the same questions of each of our makers. 

You'll get to know a little bit about our talented makers and what inspires them, read about their favorite ways to recharge their creativity, and learn what experience has shown them to be an invaluable piece of the puzzle in selling their work. Come November, won't it be great to walk into a room filled with inspiring, familiar faces? We think so, too!

For our last visit today we're spending time with one of our very own, Second Storie co-founder, Cris Sasso...




a visit with:





- Cris Sasso - 


What first inspired you to create/make what you do now?
I've always been in love with art and making things. Even 
though I have a degree in graphic design I have learned that I would rather be elbow deep in glue and paper and using tools than in front of a computer cursing out illustrator!


Your advice for someone just starting out
and wanting to sell their work?
It's ok to be confused and scared and completely inept at times. It's ok to get messy and experiment and sometimes not have a clue as to what the heck you are doing. It is often the things that don't work out that inspire and create the thing that you actually end up enjoying making.




- her workspace -


Three things or people who inspire you?
Oh, the list is so long and varied. It's funny that the things that often inspire me have nothing to do with what I actually make! 

Cooking inspires me. I love cooking shows and experimenting, knowing that one ingredient can change the course of what you are making. I read the blog Joy the Baker religiously and love her outlook on life and all its craziness. I read it and think, great! I'm not the only one! 

Reading inspires me. I love books, all books. I love the look, the feel, the crispness of a new one and the delicacy of an old one and the plain old dog-eared corners of a well loved one. Hmmm. Maybe that is why I am obsessed with paper and all it can be and do!

People in general inspire me. Good friends who encourage me to explore and create and laugh. Family who stands behind you and believes in you even when they aren't quite sure what you are doing. People who give of their talents and time and just enjoy life make me want to be better and do more.








- her work -


Favorite way to take a break/recharge your creative batteries?
I've realized how much a workout at the gym can clear my head and focus my thoughts! BUT - travel is the best way to recharge! If only I could hop on a plane and transport myself to somewhere more often. Until then I will enjoy exploring everywhere I can until the gas runs out in my car!


Get to know more about Cris here:
Cris's plans for a spot online are in the works!



///


No comments: