Vendor Spotlight: Lori Hutchinson

Lori Hutchinson is a woman of many talents. Watercolor, embroidery, printmaking, zines, you name it, she does it! Stop in to our show in November and see just how sweet she is too!

Where are you and your studio located?
My studio is a corner of my apartment in Toronto, Canada.



You work with so many various mediums. What made you choose them?
I have been drawing and painting in one form or another for as long as I can remember. I first tried watercolours in a week long summer class when I was 12, and I've been exploring it on and off since then. I learned embroidery from a book about 2 years ago, and I'm still learning more. I like to try any medium I can.



What are your current influences?
My current influences are nature, textiles, design, nostalgia, and all of the artists and illustrators I follow.



What is your favorite part about what you make?
My favourite thing about watercolours is how flexible they are, how quickly they dry, and the unexpected results you can achieve. My favourite thing about embroidery is how deceptively easy it is, the tactile nature of it, and that you can do it anywhere.



What other cool stuff do you have coming up?

I will be contributing to the Zines edition of the PikaPackage, which I believe will be available some time in November!

In the meantime, fin her some of work for sale in her shop and a gallery of everything on her site.

No comments: