a visit with: Nancy Topolski


Over the next few months leading up to our November market, Tuesday through Thursday we'll be showcasing one of our 2012 market artists, their work, and a little peek at where they make the magic happen. We hope you'll enjoy this new series, where we'll ask the same questions of each of our makers. 

You'll get to know a little bit about our talented makers and what inspires them, read about their favorite ways to recharge their creativity, and learn what experience has shown them to be an invaluable piece of the puzzle in selling their work. Come November, won't it be great to walk into a room filled with inspiring, familiar faces? We think so, too!

Our first of two visits this morning is with multi-discipline artist + crafter and returning Second Storie vendor, Nancy Topolski...




a visit with:





- Nancy Topolski - 


What first inspired you to create/make what you do now?
I have been sewing since I was a very little girl. My mother was unbelievably patient and supportive in allowing me to use and abuse her sewing machine.


Your advice for someone just starting out
and wanting to sell their work?
Go for it - don't fret, don't hesitate, put all you have into it and then you can tell yourself "I gave it my all," no matter what happens.




- her studio -


Three things or people who inspire you?
My customers inspire me all the time by offering advice and new ideas and suggestions that are great. My two children inspire me all the time by offering advice and new ideas, and I often review Charlie Harper's work, as it has such great simplicity with resounding character. 








- her work -


Favorite way to take a break/recharge your creative batteries?
I go to the ocean. I sit and watch the waves all day and not think about anything but the birds and the waves.


Get to know more about Nancy here:



///



No comments: